Stinky Feet ? Reasons & Solutions
Why actually do feet smell? And what can we do about it?
Your feet are an important part of you and they need proper care to remain fresh. But what about foot odour? Foot odour can be very unpleasant and embarrassing. This isn't fun for anyone but there are simple things you can do to make sure yours stay fresh.
So what causes foot odour? Well, blame the Bacteria! Sweat by itself is odourless but when it comes in contact with bacteria it begins to smell bad. Bacteria feasts on your feet as they eat dead skin cells and oils from your skin. Gradually their colonies grow and start getting rid of waste in the form of organic acids. It's the organic acid that smells bad. Shoes and socks are the perfect environment for sweat and bacteria to mingle, which is why it’s critical to maintain proper hygiene. You may not notice the odour initially but you need to be alert always to avoid this.
How do you avoid it? We give you various tips as to how you can keep your feet fresh and odour free -
* Wash your feet daily with soap and water,
* Drink a lot of water. It is a better way to fight body odour,
* Always wear fresh, synthetic socks and don't wear the same pair of shoes every day,
* Wear open toe sandals during summers and go barefoot at home in the evenings,
* Before washing your socks turn them inside out to allow the dead flakes of skin to wash away more easily,
* Use a disinfecting spray in your shoes to keep them fresh,
* Keep your feet dry as much as possible,
* Sprinkle talcum powder all over the feet or dust with baking soda to help reduce heavy sweating,
* Taking a bath with some ginger, it helps one to sweat and get the body rid of toxins or buy some ginger root-mash it up and use the juice and rub it on your feet.
Try these easy tips and get set go! Enjoy the bliss of your odour free feet!